Replacing an ageing and damaged surface
Driveways can suffer from cracks and accidental damage with extreme cold or heat making issues worse, such as poor drainage. Permanent oil stains and other vehicle damage can also distract from the rest of your home. We can resurface the drive or start from scratch to give you back your home’s kerb appeal.
Layout changes and access
Planning a new garage, an extension or other major building work that changes your driveway and home access layout? We can advise on ideas for driveways design, material choices and fit in seamlessly with the other services working on your home.
Drainage and permeable options
If drainage after heavy rain is an issue, we offer a number of permeable options, particularly the popular UltiDrive Porous product. Ask us for advice if you live in an area where planning permission depends on using permeable material for your driveway.
What to expect from a professional service
- Design and Advice – material choice – texture and colour, kerbing, drainage. All details agreed.
- Planning Permission – not often required for driveways but help is available on larger projects.
- Excavation and preparation – the whole area cleared to lay new materials.
- Drainage Work
- Surface Layers – choice of aggregates (e.g. crushed hardcore) laid down as base layer.
- Top Surface – choice of binder agents laid down as final layer. Finished by hand or machine to achieve even surface.
- Kerbstones or Kerb Edging – carried out at appropriate stage to fit in with other building works.
We have accreditation to NRSWA (New Roads and Street Work Act) to carry out drop kerbs.
Take a look at our advice on getting a quote and gallery of our completed work. In an industry that can attract less-experienced cold callers, it’s important to choose a supplier carefully.