Safe reliable access
Paths and footpaths around your property are a vital source of access and a key element of the landscape in your garden. They can give an important first impression of your home – whether you’re just expecting friends and family or even potential buyers.
New pathways may need to access new buildings but still complement an existing layout. On larger properties with heavier traffic from visitors, vehicles or even horses, footpaths need to be particularly durable with regular professional maintenance.
Replacing an ageing and damaged surface
Garden paths suffer from cracks and accidental damage with extreme cold or heat making issues worse such as poor drainage. We can resurface the area or start from scratch to enhance your home and garden.
Layout changes and access
Planning a new garden design, an extension or other major building work that changes the layout of paths and pathways at your home? We can advise on design, material choices and fit in seamlessly with the other services working on your home.
What to expect from a professional service
- Design and Advice – material choice – texture and colour, kerbing, drainage. All details agreed.
- Planning Permission – not often required for driveways but help is available on larger projects.
- Excavation and preparation – the whole area cleared to lay new materials.
- Drainage Work
- Surface Layers – choice of aggregates (e.g. crushed hardcore) laid down as base layer.
- Top Surface – choice of binder agents laid down as final layer. Finished by hand or machine to achieve even surface.
- Kerbstones or Kerb Edging – carried out at appropriate stage to fit in with other building works.