Game, Set and Match
A home tennis court is a real asset to a garden for families and everyone looking to keep active. Ideally your tennis court should be ready to use whenever you want a game – a puddle-free, even surface where players can run and balls can bounce without holes or cracks stopping play.
We can provide a new porous macadam surface which is a good all-round material choice for most courts and sports areas. Your new surface will drain well, have a firm foothold and can be coloured with a choice of four top coats.
Maybe tennis isn’t your game – basketball courts or larger areas for equestrian sports and stables can all be built by Cheltenham Surfacing.
Replacing an ageing and damaged surface
Courts suffer from cracks and accidental damage with extreme cold or heat making issues such as poor drainage worse. These can all make the court unusable over time. We can resurface the court or start from scratch to give your back your tennis time.
Brand new court
Recently moved into a property with enough space to consider installing a tennis court or other sports area? We can advise on tennis court design, material choices and install the court with minimum disruption to your home and garden. Court colours include green, blue and terracotta.
What to expect from a professional service
- Design and Advice – material choice – texture and colour, kerbing, drainage. All details agreed.
- Planning Permission – not often required for driveways but help is available on larger projects.
- Excavation and preparation – the whole area cleared to lay new materials.
- Drainage Work
- Surface Layers – choice of aggregates (e.g. crushed hardcore) laid down as base layer.
- Top Surface – choice of binder agents laid down as final layer. Finished by hand or machine to achieve an even surface.
- Kerbstones or Kerb Edging – carried out at appropriate stage to fit in with other building works.